Wednesday 16 June 2010

The Aetherius Society and their Radionic Pendulum


The Aetherius Society have been described as a "UFO cult" - most unjustly, in my opinion, since I've never seen any evidence of abusive practices.


The Society's founder was Dr George King, seen here "upon a Holy Mountain directing prayer energy for world peace".


Dr King was the inventor of the Radionic Pendulum.

According to this flyer, the pendulum has some miraculous properties, such as "health diagnosis", "finding allergies" and "selecting remedies and dosages".

I can't find any scientific evidence of these claims. Standard ASA complaint follows.

"I write to complain about a flyer I picked up at the "Mind, Body & Spirit" festival, in London, in May this year.

The flyer, for the Aetherius Society, promotes the healing properties of a "Radionic Pendulum".

I suspect that the flyer may be in breach of two sections of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code. I can provide the original flyer by post, if necessary.

1. The "Radionic Pendulum" is sold worldwide by the Aetherius Society (a "New Religious Movement" founded in the 1950s) and by numerous other companies.

2. I have been unable to find any clinical evidence for the healing properties of Radionic Pendulums on the PubMed website or elsewhere.

3. Under Sections 3.1 and 50.1, I challenge whether the advertiser holds documentary evidence to prove the following claims, and I challenge whether the claims are backed by evidence, where appropriate consisting of trials conducted on people:

(i) The Radionic Pendulum can be used in "Health diagnosis"
(ii) The Radionic Pendulum can be used to "Find allergies"
(iii) The Radionic Pendulum can be used in "Selecting remedies and dosages"
(iv) The Radionic Pendulum can be used to determine "Dietary requirements"

4. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.