Sunday 20 June 2010

*Jan Cisek, the Feng Shui expert


Everyone has heard of Feng Shui, although only the most dedicated woos (and sceptics) know how to pronounce it.


Astonishingly, the ASA have never adjudicated on a Feng Shui complaint.

UPDATE, 25 Aug: And they still haven't! They ASA has been in touch to say the advertisers have "given us their assurance that they will remove the challenged claims that feng shui can 'help buy and sell property', 'boost your business' or 'clear geopathic stress and negative energies'"


This is the handsome chap I have chosen to be the - ummm, "pioneer".


Jan Cisek reckons his Feng Shui superstitions "can help boost your business...sell property...clear geopathic stress and negative energies".

I'm not convinced I'd be able to sell my home quicker with such a stench of bullshit hanging in the air, but then again, what do I know? ASA complaint follows.

"I write to complain about an advert which appeared in the "Alternatives" brochure (Spring/Summer 2010 Programme, p17).

The advert, for Jan Cisek, promotes his Feng Shui consultancy.

I suspect that the advert may be in breach of one section of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code. I can provide an original copy of the brochure by post, if required.

1. The "Alternatives" brochure is produced by Alternatives Ltd (www.alternatives.org.uk), and promotes a series of talks and workshops held at St James's Church, Piccadilly, London. In addition to events listings, it carries a number of adverts.

2. Under Section 3.1 of the CAP Code, I challenge whether the advertiser holds documentary evidence to prove the following claims:

(i) Mr Cisek's Feng Shui practice "can help...sell property"
(ii) Mr Cisek's Feng Shui practice "can help...boost your business"
(iii) Mr Cisek's Feng Shui practice "can help...clear geopathic stress and negative energies"

3. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser or the brochure. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser or the brochure."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.